Memorial Day  

Posted by VintageFox

Aside from today being a beautiful day outside, it's also a very special day for those
who have served our country, and especially those who gave their lives for our own benefit. Today, we are reminded ( though I think that it should be much more often than just one day a year) to thank those in our lives that fight for our country. In my mind, we don't give enough respect or attention to those people. They have this day to their honor, but what about the other 364 days?

I would like to personally thank every single person who has fought for or served this country. I would like to remind the world to remember each and every man and woman who has fought on foreign soil. Remember each and every woman who has fought on their own lands. I also want to stress to everyone who reads this to remember what had to be done to get to where we are today. You may say "this is a free country, I can do and say whatever I want to." What I have to say in response is "Yeah, you do have that right. You have that right because your neighbors, the people you  may know, the people you don't know, spilled their own blood to give you that right. Enjoy it".
and the saying that will never get more true, and will never get old "Freedom doesn't come free".

I hope everyone has had a wonderful and safe Memorial day. The sun decided to make a grand appearance today, and the temperatures rose to the mid to low 90's. The water was covered in boats
and jet skis. You could just feel the air of a holiday. People were out fishing for the first time since the flood hit.
If I had a dollar for every boat that passed by the store, I would be a rich woman. However if I DID get a dollar for every boat that went by... I just might be in jail. Hm. 



This entry was posted on 5/30/11 at 6:28 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment