Gather Round  

Posted by VintageFox in

T h e  P r o f i l i n g
Well, this being my first post and all, I decided that some sort of introduction was needed. My name is Danielle Osborne. I'm an artist and photographer, and am currently chasing down a degree in art education. I have spent my entire life in the presence of antiques, and have cultured a liking to them. My mother and step father are both largely into collecting their own interests , as am I.  I have a fondness for the  old Polaroid cameras and pocket watches. I don't limit myself to them , however. I have an appreciation for all things of a vintage nature and will collect what catches my eye.

T h e  R e a s o n i n g
Everyone and their brother has a blog, now, so I decided to join in. Recently, more and more people have jumped onto the vintage bandwagon. People are starting to see the beauty in the things of the past. This is the very reason I created this blog. I want to share the beauty I find in all of the discarded or collectible things of our pasts. If you look hard enough, anything vintage can be repurposed or re-used in modern ways. Collecting vintage or antique items is a great learning experience that I feel everyone should get the chance to enjoy. It will teach you a lot about the world around you and how it used to be, but it will also tell you a lot about yourself.


T h e  N a m i n g
I decided that I would give a little insight into why I named my blog Vixen Vintage.
For as long as I can remember, my favorite animal has been the red fox and likewise for the vintage items. It's quite simple, I just combined my two favorite things.

This entry was posted on 5/21/11 at 6:53 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment